From Barbershop Wiki Project
Harmony, Inc.'s. 2013 International Quartet Champion.
- Tenor: Maggie McAlexander
- Lead: Jen Wheaton
- Bari: Joy Coleman Suellentrop
- Bass: Kris Hawkins Wheaton
Harmony, Inc. International
Harmony, Inc. Area (A4)
Sweet Adelines International Regional (R4)
- Spot On is a young but accomplished quartet from Harmony, Incorporated Area 4. They formed in February of 2013 and competed in their first Area competition in June, where they were honored to place first. In November they competed in the Harmony, Incorporated International Quartet Contest, and were delightfully surprised and deeply humbled to be crowned the 2013 Harmony Queens!
- Maggie, Jen, Joy and Kris come from different parts of the country, so rehearsals are always a treat. Hailing from Indianapolis, Chicago, St. Louis, and Louisville respectively, the girls really enjoy getting together for shows, contests, and rehearsals to spend time together... and maybe even sing a little.
- Spot On is a very family oriented quartet, as all of its members are "Barbershop Brats," meaning their parents, and in some cases even more generations, are also barbershoppers. The girls say that any success the quartet has had can all be traced back to their loving and supportive families. Learn more about their families on the "Our Barbershop Origins" tab on their web site.
- All four members of Spot On are at least second-generation barbershoppers. Baritone Joy is a third, while bass Kris is a fourth.
- Maggie is the second-youngest ever (by three weeks) to win the Harmony, Inc. quartet championship. She was 17 and 7 months at the time. The title of youngest champion ever is held by multiple-time international champion and international president Jeanne O'Connor.
- Kris is the wife, and Jen the twin sister, of BHS international quartet champion Drew Wheaton of Forefront Quartet.