I feel an urge to divide this into subcategories "BHS Choruses", "SAI Choruses", and "HI Choruses", and to add them to the appropriate chorus pages.
- Consistency - Category:Quartets is already divided that way.
- Equality - Affiliates vs "big boys"
- Specificity - Female newcomers will likely want SAI- or HI-specific listings, and BHS for the males.
Discussion? --Paks Paladin 19:27, 15 July 2010 (UTC)
- I would suggest keeping the umbrella "chorus" category and then create more specific sub-categories. So The Alliance should be in the Chorus category and also in the BHS Choruses category (and eventually in a JAD Choruses category). --Casey Parsons 13:21, 16 July 2010 (UTC)
- Once it is in "JAD Choruses", will you want it out of "Johnny Appleseed District"? I see individual Choruses as Chapter-level, and out-of-place in the "root" District categories. --Paks Paladin 07:02, 17 July 2010 (UTC)
Chorus vs Chapter
Right now, (most) District pages list chapters directly. I don't like the space it takes, but the District page really looks like the correct place for it. Once "Category:<Dist> Choruses" is in place, how should we present/list the chapters?
My current thought is: separate pages for chapter listings. We/They can play later with presentation, while reducing District-page churn: alpha by chorus name, alpha by chapter name, alpha by hometown, numerically by Chapter Number, subdivided by state, map with embedded links, etc etc. --Paks Paladin 07:02, 17 July 2010 (UTC)