Sing Canada Harmony
Sing Canada Harmony Scholarship Fund (SCH) is a charity registered with the Canada Revenue Agency created to provide financial assistance for educational and training opportunities in singing, vocal music performance, vocal music leadership, vocal music administration and vocal music composition, arrangement, adjudication and staging. SCH awards scholarships to Canadians particularly youth, children and the men and women who facilitate learning/training/education in vocal music, for learning opportunities to gain expertise and experience in the field of a cappella harmony singing in quartets and choruses.
Principal learning opportunities supported by SCH scholarships for deserving Canadians are those sponsored by the Barbershop Harmony Society (BHS), Harmony, Inc. (HI), Sweet Adelines International (SAI), other 4-part a capella organizations, organized choir/vocal ensemble/ training and individual singing training courses offered by recognized clinicians. Typically supported are courses and training such as:
- Harmony Explosion Camps, Youth in Harmony (YIH) and Young Women in Harmony (YWIH) programs for children, youth and music educators;
- Harmony University, Directors College and Harmony Colleges;
- Leadership Academies, Harmony Intensive Training School, International Education Symposium of SAI, Harmony Education Days and Chorus Director Development Training;
- University and College degree and diploma programs and courses in vocal music; and,
- Other programs, seminars, courses and training in vocal music or programs that support vocal music (e.g. conducting, adjudication, arrangement, composing, etc.
Sing Canada Harmony Scholarship Fund is operated in Canada for Canadian citizens. It is in Canada (as Harmony Foundation International in the USA) the official charity of the BHS; is endorsed and supported by HI, and is supported by members and chapters of SAI. SCH offers Canadians the opportunity to support financially vocal music and music education in the schools and communities of Canada, and receive a charitable tax receipt for their contributions.
As a not-for-profit organization, the Sing Canada Harmony Scholarship Fund also does business as "Sing Canada Harmony" and "Sing Canada" and is administered by a all-volunteer Board of Directors composed of barbershoppers from across Canada. Board members represent the BHS (Ontario and Canadian/American Districts), HI and the Canadian choral organizations at large. A member of SAI sits as a board member.