Talk:BHS International Quartet Medalists
Perhaps we should create individual pages for each of these quartets, and list their recordings on those pages instead of here. --Casey Parsons 16:31, 28 December 2009 (UTC)
- Eventually, sure. The "Big Boys" come first: AIC, Chorus champs, Districts, SAI/HI, Affiliate Societies. Also, this page should make the "Contest history" section easier for the next few champs. -- Paks Paladin 22:32, 29 December 2009 (UTC)
- I agree completely. "One bite at a time". :-) --Casey Parsons 00:03, 30 December 2009 (UTC)
1) Please only list quartets once, at their highest medal. 2) Quartets who eventually won don't belong here. --Paks Paladin 04:13, 5 July 2010 (UTC)
I came to this page with the specific if rather predictable question "Who took fourth place in 1999?" For questions in this form, the highest-rank-only format isn't very convenient. (Yes, I did eventually find the answer, thank you for asking.) If it were my choice, I'd lay out each table like this:
-- add a column for "highest rank achieved" (for groups that would currently be missing from any given table)
-- if the present table is the group's highest rank, put their row in boldface or bigger type (for groups that are already in a given table)
Yes, I can do this myself. It's a very small job. But not if someone is going to step in and declare That's Not The Way We Do Things Around Here.
So, for example, the Musical Island Boys shouldn't be removed from the #2 table. Just put them in lighter type than the ones who never climbed higher.
- Would direct links to the contest pages help folks like yourself in the future? How about one catch-all link to BHS International Convention? --Paks Paladin (talk) 20:45, 13 February 2015 (EST)
- Yup, that would definitely help, since I had no idea the International Convention page existed! (Navigating wikis has always been a black mystery to me.)