Circle City Sound
In 1944, forty-five men gathered in the Claypool Hotel, at the corner of Washington and Illinois Streets in downtown Indianapolis, to organize the first barbershop harmony chapter in Indianapolis. Another chapter was formed in Broad Ripple in 1948, and the two chapters merged in 1955 to form the Greater Indianapolis Chapter. In 1958, the chapter adopted “Speed Capital Chorus” as the chorus name, changing it to “Pride of Indy” in 1978, and to “Circle City Sound” in 2003. Since 2007, Circle City Sound has been directed by Garry Texeira, tenor of 2004 International Quartet Champion Gotcha!.
In 2013 they were recognized as one of the Top 10 barbershop choruses in the world, placing 7th in international competition in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
Represent the Cardinal District.
- 2013: 2nd
- 2012: 1st
- 2010: 2nd
- 2009: 1st
- 2008: 2nd
- 2007, 2009: Plateau AAAA Champions
- 2001: Plateau AAAA Champions, Most Improved
- 2000: Plateau AAAA Champions
- 1991: Plateau AAAA Champions
- 1988: Most Improved
- Capital City Chorus - Local Sweet Adelines (women's) Affiliate Chorus
- White River Sound - Local Sweet Adelines (women's) Affiliate Chorus
- Harmony Magic Chorus - Local Harmony, Inc. (women's) Affiliate Chorus
- Central Indiana Youth Barbershop Chorus
- Indiana Harmony Brigade - Xtreme Quartetting Weekend and Annual Show